the Adventurer

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Time for the packing

When I first heard that I was one of only two persons that CirCorp considered for their new office overseas I was thrilled. Imagine me, a humble europee making it big for an american corporation on a new frontier.

Of course there was heartbreak to handle before anything could be concluded. The application had specifically noted that the person that was hired would have to be able to travel with absolutely no strings attached so both pet and girlfriend would have to be handled. And I must say I am pretty happy with how things turned out. Through tears and sobbing she came to the same conclusion as I had just a few days before, that we needed time apart and that maybe sometime in the future we would meet again.

CirCorp sent for me two days later and after a very long interview and what seemed like a hundred tests they said they would inform me whether I got the job or not by May 2.

And as they had said, I was hired by CirCorp yesterday and will be leaving for my destination tonight. I am all giddy and overwhelmed with expectation about the future to come!

One thought that jumped back and forth in my mind lots today was that I should try to document my travels and adventures somehow and let people see what I see.
So here I am, writing the first of what I hope to be many, many entries into this blog.....the Adventurer. Catchy name huh?

I gotta get back to packing. Promise to write soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home