the Adventurer

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

1.5

- So you call yourself Clark?
- Yes, it is my name so I find it pretty easy to use.
- No need to get smart with my dear friend. I have been here for longer than you can know and had this discussion with more people than you would want to meet in your life. I know when someone tries to get smart with me and I really don't enjoy it that much.
There was a strength in the way the old lady said it that made Clark sit back in his chair and just wait for her next question.
- What is the last thing you remember before waking up on the beach, since I guess that is where you woke up.
- Yes, that was where I woke up. And before that I was at some strange place, I got a weird feeling that it was hell but that must have been the bump on my head.
- Hell you say? No it wasn't hell you saw, though some would say that the place you ended up in is very simular to it.
-Would you mind to help me here? I am getting very confused here and you are just asking me these questions.
- Now now, what did I tell you? Calm down and all I know I will tell you. How did you come to end up in "hell". She said it as if she was mocking Clark.
- I was playing my latest work at a concert when I guess I was assasinated. I am not sure since it is all in a blur as it is now. But that is the best guess I have to what happened back there.
- Did you notice anything strange or unfamiliar just before the assasination?
- No, I don't think so. I was trying my best to concentrate on the music.
- But something distracted you?
- Yes, there was this little girl who had a small parrot in the audience. The bird shouldn't have been there I think. Maybe it is my mind acting up again.
- No I don't think so. The old lady put a hand on his shoulder as to reassure him.
She sat quiet for a minute and then said,
- How old are you?
Clark was taken back by the question.
- I turning 28 soon.
- I see, she said and picked up a mirror from a table by the chair and held it up infront of him. In the mirror he could recognise himself but just, it was a face several years older than 28 that looked back at him. He moved his hands to his face and realised that the small wrinkles and age signs really was his own.
- How can this be? What have happened?
- Ok, this will be a bit hard to understand. Lets start with this piece of information. Have you noticed something in the sky when you have been here?
- No, I don't think so. Nothing that out of place. Clouds, the moon and some airplane trails.
- Those were not airplane trails, they were higher up. But have you noticed how the lands look around here?
- Not really, it was pretty dark when I arrived.
- Of course it was but this little bit of information is vital you never reveal. Never ever ask anyone about the trails in the sky. People here do not notice them, people here cannot understand them. People here have lost all knowledge you possess, the same knowledge I possess. Science has died here and only those that make the trails have it, them and us.
- When am I?, Clark wondered very carefully while his mind was racing with what he had learnt could mean for him and his future.
- And who am I?, he continued.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home