the Adventurer

Monday, May 09, 2005

Apathy and slow death

Eric is dead too. Late on friday night he fell very ill from his wounds and in the middle of the night I was no longer able to contact him at all. Before sunrise he was dead and I lost all strength to do anything. This is one of many reasons I have not been able to write or do basically anything at all for several days.
His last night alive he started to tell me lots of what he had done in his life and what he regretted the most was that he throughout his life had hidden his real life from his family and friends and that he now wouldn't be able to correct his wrongdoings. He also told me several places that he had worked at, one of those was very interesting to me and unfortunatly very worrying too.
It would seem as Eric for some years had been in contact with the military that he talked about a few days ago. He didn't have enough strength to go into details about much but he gave me the broad picture and it seems clear that our crash must have attracted attention and it is only a matter of time until they find this site. And when they do I better be far away or else my time is most certainly up.

I couldn't handle burying Eric for several days and instead hid in the nearby thick forest barely eating or drinking anything and getting weaker by the hour until I got really shook up by a small herd of what looked like small wild horses rushed by me pretty close. For a second I had images of military men and horrific apparatus sinking into my flesh as they tortured me to talk.
But I think I should thank that herd that it shook me back into action!

I have last night buried Eric deep and collected the material that I hope will be anough for me to survive a trek to another place in case the military is closeby. I stuffed as much as I can into Erics old, big backpack and wrapped up the solar panel in thick leaves to protect and conceal it slightly. Maybe I can find some safe place not too far away, or perhaps civilization.

I would kill for a hamburger about now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home